|Looking for a freelance B2B / Tech Strategist ready to create and deliver brand and product strategies for breakthrough ideas.
The person in this role should possess the ability to dive deep and develop knowledge of subject matter expertise across the ever-changing marketing landscape – qualitative and quantitative research, social media, social listening, strategic consulting and overall strategy development.
You have an uncanny knack for persevering in the face of challenges and are confident in your ideas in order to win over even the most cynical of creatives or stubborn of clients.
Mix of onsite and offsite work. Bonus for experience in B2B, tech, smart city, mobility hub and creating business efficiencies through a streamlined, innovative tech experience. This role works with some oversight.
- Ready to get hands on by carrying out primary research within niche industry around smart cities and mobility hubs through key stakeholders, client and internal staff interviews, focus groups, reading industry media, consumer segmentation, panels, social media review or social listening to deliver penetrating insights into the industry / brand positioning.
- Contributes to the execution, analysis and interpretation of primary and secondary research such as CCS, Simmons, Mintel, Social media Insights tools, and social listening tools
- A strategist who can get to a single-minded thought or strategy and then can execute strategy, insights and creative presentations that convince even the most cynical creative or clients
- Established expertise on the target audience, industry, category and POV on culture
- Executes compelling single-minded briefs that articulate a challenge in a no jargon way
- Uses creative storytelling to bring problems and solutions for the target to life
CONNECTING THE DOTS
- Executes digital architectures, brand frameworks, and consumer journeys in conjunction with other departments or agencies that make comms plan feel simple
- Compiles comprehensive measurement reports across multiple data points, departments, and agencies and synthesizes them in a way that’s simple to understand and actionable
- Always being mindful of considering annual brand planning versus just campaign thinking
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- +/- 5 years of experience in ad agency, strategy consultancy or similar.
- Knowledgeable in the KPIs and metrics used to evaluate the success of content and advertising initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Digitally savvy, innovative, disruptive.
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail oriented.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of the digital marketing industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Creative briefs, culture & its relevance for brand innovation, comms strategy, basics, social and digital media strategies, basic use of research tools & reporting
- Research – experience with 3rd party research sources available like Mintel, Nielsen, Forrester, Comscore, and stretch into consumer audience tools such as Simmons, MRI, Kantar, CCS benchmark, channel planning tools
- CommsPoint/CCS Planner, and brand health tools like YouGov
- Data Mining: Should know how to glean and synthesize data from web specific tools like SEO, SEM, Google Analytics to inform strategies and recommendations
- Comms Planning: Should have a basic understanding of how to construct a comms framework to inform a creative and/or media plan
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee. He/She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor.