< APPLY NOW >
revelation is seeking a motivated, hungry, relentlessly organized, well-connected individual capable of pursuing and winning strategic and creative new business opportunities through relationship development and marketing expertise. The Business Development Director will bring together her/his pervasive industry experience along with a comfort in active listening, a knowledge of agency capabilities, case studies, current business, content and creative vision to facilitate the growth and expansion of our agency.
(Hence, marketing agency experience is a must.)
The Business Development Director will be located in NYC and be part of our growing team, working to build the client business base of our U.S. practice, as well as connected to our broader global network and partners. This role is primarily responsible for collaborating with the revelation leadership team to lead and close client engagements across prioritized verticals and industries. You’re equally conversant in driving B2C and B2B engagements…
(Because, after all, it’s about the people, right?)
This role will specialize in content, creative, social, strategy, insights and both specialized and integrated projects. As such, this person will need to be experienced in the NYC region, but know people everywhere and has worked in content marketing business development previously to this role. You bring a deep contact list… and if you still have one, a rolodex.
(Actually, if you still have a rolodex, maybe don’t bother applying.)
This individual will develop, organize, prioritize and maintain our pipeline, prospect relationship database and work to nurture relationships as opportunities come in at the top of the funnel, and oversee all aspects of guiding the right opportunities towards conversion. Practicing what we preach as marketers, obviously. A collaborative leader, thrives on the pressure, approaches all situations from a position of positivity, but with a healthy dose of humor… works well in a highly-creative team environment, has patience… but also some impatience.
(So… a closer.)
- Help to set the vision, define and develop new business strategies tailored to the needs of the company.
- Coordinate the new business strategy decision making and planning with business development team and executive leadership.
- Follow up and qualify new business leads and identify and prioritize growth opportunities.
- Manage and maintain the prospect and pipeline relationship database, with accurate contact information and outreach and communication updates.
- Stay up to date with industry and vertical-specific news to find proactive opportunities to share and connect with prospects and keep relationships alive.
- Lead the RFP and pitch process, managing timelines, contacts and deliverables in an innovative, flawless and timely manner
- Coordinating internal resources within office and cross-office to develop client proposals
- Plan and attend relevant industry marketing and vertical-specific events for prospect/relationship development
- Work with the rest of the revelation team to develop best practices for relationship management.
- Creating capabilities presentations and other marketing materials
- Nurture relationships with, and manage, our inbound lead team, partners and other potential resources (including pitch consultants, as needed.)
- Secondary responsibilities: identify and initiate new client opportunities, outreach, industry mapping and network partner pipeline coordination.
The ideal candidate will thrive within a creative marketing environment and possess a desire to see us dominate. Business will be won on the strength of passion, purpose and persistence, as well as unique approaches to verbal and written communications with prospects.
- Successful track record (7+ years) of building business within a digital or traditional agency environment.
- Solid track record of developing successful relationships and closing major accounts
- Ability to speak to both tactical and strategic decision makers.
- Proven experience in building and leading a cross functional team in the pitch/BD process.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong business / marketing strategy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with modern marketing needs, trends and approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous business development experience within advertising agency or creative service
The Director will report to revelation’s Managing Director and maintain close working relationships and support from agency leaders.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES:
- The employee may be required to travel or spend time with client up to 25% of the time
Job Type: Full-time, with benefits.