The Social Marketing Manager is an analytical thinker who thrives in fast-paced situations, can seamlessly liaise with multiple stakeholders (both internally and externally) and who has a strong understanding of social media best practices, community management, content optimization, reporting and analytics.
- Stay current on platform updates and innovations and ensure that best practices are being applied across the board
- Manage the daily moderation of communities posting strategy and optimization
- Create social content strategies and communications plans for social-related activations.
- Create & deliver social strategy presentations to clients; sell in work and thinking.
- Locate and engage potential advocates within the community
- Provide continuous analysis and insights around the performance of all social media engagement
- Be the eyes and ears of the brand(s) across the entire social space
- Identify conversations or crisis that requires response and route through the appropriate departments for resolution
- Analyze social metrics and present key insights in a compelling strategic way
- Develop and present reports to clients, including establishing metrics, gleaning community insights & delivering recommendations on a regular basis
- Analyze insights from across social and communicate learnings to the larger team
- Monitor competitors in the space and surface relevant learnings to the team
- Confirm accuracy of social platform reports/analyses, paid social reports/analyses and social monitoring reports/analyses
- Support or leads the development of POVs for the internal team and client
- Be the strategic voice in any conversation related to social marketing, community management, social platforms, paid social, social content strategy, social comms planning, and influencer marketing. (Thought leadership, presentation creation & delivery, meeting attendance, etc. )
- Execute and monitor the deployment of paid strategies and report on learnings and successes
- Support in the development of recommendations in regard to how the social platforms work together in the context of the broader communication
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in the digital space, with additional context in marketing, PR or editorial function
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Previous agency, marketing or production experience a plus
- Clear passion for digital and the ways in which content, data, creativity and technology are transforming the marketing landscape.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- People oriented – Proven experience in helping people and finding it rewarding to solve people’s problems; proactively using that experience to make the whole service better – Whether working with clients or with creative or developers, you can speak their language.
- Experience in managing teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to coordinate cross functionally – You like working hard and thrive on the excitement of a goal-oriented team.
- Possess leadership skills – You enjoy learning & are curious
- Project Management skills
- You are an independent, creative self-starter who loves running with things while keeping others in the loop.
- Strong demonstrated strategic thinking skills, including:
- Connecting dots between strategy, idea, tactic; culture, consumer, brand; etc.
- Finger on the pulse of technology innovations, social platforms & their future, and consumer media habits
- Strong client-facing experience and a demonstrated ability to gain client trust
- Strong presentation & storytelling skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a connective force amongst various discipline groups
- Existing design & presentation (deck) development skills a plus
- Social savvy – Addicted to social networking sites & all things
- Web 3.0 – You spend a lot of time online and stay up-do-date on new, fun things out there for high-end users as well as regular people
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; bend and perform several manual tasks. The employee will be required to communicate verbally and by phone. The employee may be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
This job is performed in a traditional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.