< APPLY NOW >
revelation is seeking an Editorial Director to oversee the written content and messaging of revelation’s client content including SEO-driven editorial articles, email, social and more. Managing a team of content creators and writers both internal and freelance, the Editorial Director will lead day-to-day editorial execution and team mentorship while ensuring a consistently high-level output.
As the leader of the editorial team, you will report into the Head of Creative and partner closely with the Head of Production and Social, client account managers, graphic designers, and video production to create content that is on brand, innovative, and elevates the business and marketing goals of our clients in mainly beauty and lifestyle categories.
The ideal candidate should be a collaborative leader with exceptional writing and editing skills, be deeply interested in content and culture, thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple clients and projects, and understand how to mentor a team that produces exceptional work. We are looking for a natural leader who can support our current growth by contributing not only to our current client work, but new business development and client pitches as well across a wide variety of verticals including beauty, lifestyle, retail, finance, B2B, pharma, food, travel and sports/esports.
- Lead a team of talented content managers and freelance writers who are responsible for developing client content strategy and editorial priorities as well as content outputs.
- Serve as a resource for the overarching editorial calendar creation and help review and provide guidance for final written articles that populate across multiple clients’ editorial site pages, viewed by millions of visitors.
- Coach and develop team members to enhance individual expertise.
- Advocate internally for editorial resources, present contributions, recruit data and research that demonstrates the value of our work and readers.
- Recommend refinements to the editorial operating model, identify workflow and business process improvements within the department and with client interfaces.
- Lead the implementation of solutions to improve operating and business results
- Evaluate and train staff, manage and solve staff issues, manage client needs and expectations and foster a positive team atmosphere.
- Oversee editing, including adherence to client brand style guides, clarity, grammar, and spelling; proofreading; fact checking claims; and legal considerations.
- Motivate the editorial staff to excellence, answering general editorial as well as account-specific concerns, and helping editorial staff with time management and prioritizing workloads.
- Identify and disseminate trends in publishing/content with editorial staff.
- Drive innovation in finding new forms of content and encouraging each team member to foster her/his strengths and build on growth areas.
- Help measure content effectiveness with metrics that establish, validate, and continuously iterate on the various content strategies.
- BA in writing, communications, journalism or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years’ experience writing, editing, proofreading, and fact checking editorial and written content either at an agency, publication or brand.
- At least 4-5 years experience in content strategy
- At least 2 years experience in supervising editorial staff.
- Knowledge of digital platform best practices, regulations, and other marketing fundamentals with respect to digital and editorial content.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Experience with organic social media content strategy
The Editorial Director will report to revelation’s Head of Creative and maintain close working relationships and support from agency leaders.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Exceptional copy editing, proofreading, and fact checking abilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Thoroughness & keen attention to detail
- Ability to:
- Acquire firm grasp of numerous editorial styles;
- Prioritize and effectively delegate and manage numerous jobs simultaneously;
- Anticipate problems and identify viable solutions;
- Establish and maintain style consistency across a broad range of product pieces;
- Understand how Editorial Department functions within the Agency
revelation is a full-service digital marketing agency helping brands connect with consumers through a strategic, data-driven approach to purposeful content. Content and culture drive commerce every day, but content without marketing expertise can be inefficient, irrelevant and ineffective. We are content specialists for a variety of different outputs and formats and can also be more of an integrated marketing AOR from insights and strategy to optimization. Revelation is also a strategic connector across dozens of media, publishing, production and technology solutions that make up the Webedia global network. We offer big agency capabilities with a small agency feel, acting as an extension of our clients’ teams: flexible, agile, nimble, efficient.
Job Type: Full-time, with benefits.